Aslan Karatsev Wins The Tennis Championships

In the final of the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships on Saturday,  Aslan Karatsev won the 2021 title, beating Lloyd Harris.

Karatsev is the first wild card to compete in the Dubai championship in over 20 years, since Thomas Muster in 1997.

Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah won the doubles finals, playing against Nikola Mektic and Mate Pavic. This is the pairs first title since the US Open in 2019.

The Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships is organised each year by Dubai Duty Free and ran from 6 to 20 March.

On his win, Aslan Karatsev said, “I’m really happy with my performance. I’m really happy with my game at the beginning of the year, to play the Australia semi-final, to show a great level. Then after the Australian Open to keep going, practising hard and I arrived here and showed great belief, good game. In the final everyone is more nervous but I tried to keep to the plan.”

The post Aslan Karatsev Wins The Tennis Championships appeared first on Abu Dhabi World Online.



from Abu Dhabi World Online

Comments